DBA Best Deals (“DBA”) values its customer and respects their privacy. The Privacy & Usage Policy applies to personal information that we collect about you through our website. The policy describes how and why we collect, use, share personal information personally identifiable information (“PII”) and the steps we have taken to secure PII data. This information is used to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions. Neither your name nor anything about you is sold to any other non-affiliated company or agency. However, as described in greater detail below, we may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners that help the site to function or assist us in fulfilling your order. This Privacy & Usage Policy only covers information collected on the website, and does not cover any information collected offline by DBA Best Deals.
Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use the information collected. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy changed by checking the revision date that appears in this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We do not require any PII data to browse our website. We will at times ask you for certain kinds of PII data to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- Shopping: Through this website, you will be able to make purchases of DBA products. We will ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process and confirm your order, and ship your items to you.
- My Account: You may have the opportunity to create a personal shipping account with DBA, which allows you to ship faster and easier. Using personally created user name and a password will allow you to access your account online to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you can authorize DBA to store your name, billing and shipping address(es), email address, phone number, and birthdate. Each of these options is available for your convenience only and is not required to use or access our website. If you elect to use a public computer to access the “My Account” section of our website we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session.
- Email List: You are provided with the option to be added to the DBA email list. Should you elect to sign up for this option, your information will never be shared with or sold to anyone. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, simply select the “unsubscribe” option within the email or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service: If you call our Customer Service center, you may be asked for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and if you have made a purchase, you may be asked for your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction. DBA does not store credit card information at any time.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATIC MEANS
We may collect non-personally identifiable information automatically through the use of ‘cookies’, such as IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about how you browse the website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive used to collect information about the activities on the website. These cookies provide statistical data that helps us to improve our website and deliver better and more customized services.
We may use “pixel tags”, which are tiny graphic images on our website that help us to analyze our customer’s online behavior and measure effectiveness of our website and advertising. We work with service providers that help us to track certain information about the identity of the website that may have referred you to our website.
Pixel tags on our website may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the site. This information may include your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our website. We do not otherwise track information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track you interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII)
Use of the information we collect from our customers is never sold to any other non-affiliated company or agency. The PII data is may be used for various purposes such as:
- Process transactions upon request
- Improve our website and customers shopping experience
- Send communications about our products, services and promotions
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse
DBA goes to great lengths to keep financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of PII data we collect, including limiting the number of people who have access to physical access to our database services, as well as employing electronic security systems, and password protections that safeguard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card information via email. Please note, that email is not encrypted and it is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not intercept such information. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to have our permission to use this site. Our website is not meant for children, and we do not knowingly collect any PII data from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you should use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any PII data to us. We will remove from our files any PII data of anyone we discover to be under thirteen (13) years of age.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: 629 Grove St., 2nd Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07310.
We may disclose PII if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
DBA adheres to the seven privacy principles dictated by the Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce: Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. These principles may be found at www.export.gov/safeharbor.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our Privacy & Usage Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.